From stories on preservation of the unique Kyiv architecture to refugee stories and to life after the ATO. Meet the finalists, who will be taking part in the next stage of all-Ukrainian competition Civil Pitch: Civil Activism Films.
In March, all of them will participate in two workshops and present their stories at a pitching which will take place during the Docudays UA festival. At the final stage of the competition, the participants will meet recognized professionals of the European film industry and receive consultations about their projects.
We have received about 90 applications from all over Ukraine. The expert jury chose the following participants:
1. CO “Charity and Health Foundation”
2. NGO "Crimean Solidarity"
3. Project No Borders
4. CO “UCO “Legalife Ukraine””
6. NGO Human Rights Information Center
7. #savekyivmodernism movement
8. Margaryta Tulup, human rights activist and journalist
9. Maksym Rudenko, filmmaker
10. Yuriy Yudin, filmmaker
11. Yulia Kochetova-Nabozhnyak, filmmaker
12. Dmytro Lavrinenko, filmmaker
13. Dmytro Tyazhlov, filmmaker
14. Taisiya Kutuzova, filmmaker
15. Oleksiy Radynskyi, filmmaker
16. Yulia Galeta and Eva Dzhishiashvili, filmmakers
CIVIL PITCH: Civil Activism Films was launched to unite civil sector activists and documentary filmmakers with the aim to create films that would facilitate social change.
Based on the decisions of the international jury, the authors of the best projects will receive monetary prizes to produce their films. And the NGOs which will win the competition will be able to use the films that will be created in their own campaigns.
Co-organizers of the CIVIL PITCH: Civil Activism Films: USAID/ENGAGE (Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement; financed by USAID and implemented by Pact in Ukraine); Goethe-Institut in Ukraine; Docudays UA.
Project partner of CIVIL PITCH: Civil Activism Films: Kyiv-Mohyla Business School.
Title photo: Docudays UA